Crowns are placed to help out with many different dental problems. Some of those include:
- For a cosmetic modification.
- To protect a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- To protect a weak tooth from decay or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To protect an endodontically treated tooth.
- Retainer for a dental bridge.
- Part of a dental implant.
What Are Dental Crowns Made From?
Early in dentistry, crowns were made only from metals. Nowadays, crowns are made from different types of material:
- Ceramic crowns
- Porcelain fused to metal crowns( metal covered with porcelain)
- Gold alloy crowns
- Base metal crowns
Here at Q.T. Dental, we educate our patient to the advantages and disadvantages of each type so you can make an educated choice. Crowns last between five to fifteen years, depending on your oral health habits and the amount of wear and tear they receive.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at (905) 896-3622 or email us. We look forward to hearing from you!