A Thorough Cleaning To Get Your Dental Health Back On Track
With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance, we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile. Depending on your individual condition and needs, a treatment will be recommended to you called periodontal cleaning or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too “set-in” to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums and continue to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gum line using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.
Remember that gum disease treatment may require some follow-up maintenance and monitoring. More frequent cleanings will help protect your recovering gums and allow us to monitor your progress.
Give us a call at (905) 896-3622 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.